8 Women’s rain & waterproof shoes for the real you
Rain, glorious rain! All of us here at Heel Boy are ready to welcome Spring. And we know that Spring brings rain … lovely rain that helps everything come alive and oh-so-green. We also know that the key to people getting out and enjoying the rain is being well-equipped for it. And that starts with footwear. Wet feet are a definite no-no, so our staff have been busy receiving and displaying (both in our boutiques and on-line) all the many rain boots and waterproof shoes that will take your rainy day fashion to the next level.
At what occasion should you wear women’s rain & waterproof shoes
Rain boots or waterproof shoes are your first line of defence when preparing for time outdoors on wet days. Whether you regularly walk the dog, play with your kids in the park, walk for exercise or to work or attend outdoor sporting events, a good pair of waterproof rain boots or waterproof rain shoes will keep you dry, comfortable and fashionable.
Types of women’s rain & waterproof shoes
Once you realize how useful a pair of waterproof rain boots or shoes will be, you will be surprised at the range on offer at Heel Boy. We have ankle rain boots, knee high rain boots, sporty rain shoes, dressy rain shoes, gardening shoes and hiking rain boots. Some rain boots are sturdy and useful, some rain boots are elegant and fashionable, some rain boots are simply cute. Whatever your lifestyle we have the rain boot or shoe for you. Here’s a look at them.
- Let’s start with the classic rain boot, for example Hunter’s famous women’s original Short Gloss in, your guessed it, glossy black!
- Another everyday favourite for urban living is Ugg’s Chelsea boot called Markstrum.
- Fancy a waterproof hiking boot for outdoor play, perhaps to go hiking? Franco Sarto’s hiker boot Tangier will keep you dry and warm on every rainy day.
- Blondo’s Angie in Black is a knee-high rain boot that is a real fashion statement for somebody who wants to feel sexy but also stay dry!
- If you are looking for an everyday lightweight rain boot, the popular Keds brand, offers the Scout Boot Splash Canvas in subtle olive.
- Blondo offers an elegant rainboot known as Elvina in Black, which you can feel good in whether you are going to work, on a date or to visit the in-laws.
- If you are looking for a fun and trendy rainboot this spring, check out Sperry’s Women’s Saltwater in springtime navy blue.
- And for those who love to potter in the garden, but standout from the crowd, we have a rain shoe for you … Cougar’s Women’s Ritz in Dove Snake, will not disappoint.
All these rain boots and waterproof shoes are guaranteed to keep your feet dry in wet weather.
What accessories go with women’s rain & waterproof shoes
Once you have your rain boots, it’s time to think about the rest of your outfit. There are dozens of styles of raincoats on the market. Remember to buy one roomy enough to take a knit sweater or cardigan underneath as temperatures can be changeable in Spring. Add a bright scarf and a stylish umbrella, pop on your rain boots, and you’ll be set to take on the outdoors.
What to wear with women’s rain & waterproof shoes
And when your outer wear comes off your jeans are a perfect match for any style of rain boot. You’ll be tempted to wipe your rain boots dry and pop them back on as they will look so great with your favourite jeans.
Our complete range of rain boots are on display in our boutiques in Toronto and Kingston or check them out online. If you shop in person, and have chosen a leather boot, our knowledgeable staff will be able to advise you on how to care for them. Rubber rain boots, of course, just need a wipe to keep them looking clean and glossy.
So, whatever your plans for Spring and those rainy days of Summer and Fall, remember that a good pair of rain boots will keep you dry, comfortable and fashionable. Rain boots and waterproof shoes are an essential part of any woman’s closet and are a great investment.